Help Me

My Blog Buddies Widget, with 205 Blog Followers, has been retired for unknown reason from the 1st of March. I do want to keep up with Ur Blogs and for an easy Followup, pls add Ur Blog or Sign In in the Followers GFC. Thanks a lot!.

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Yoghurt Payasam

I tried it last week when I was not able to buy milk on a hectic day in Dubai b4 Ramadan(all shops were open frm 6 p.m to 2 a.m those days).Its a lot easy to do and turned out Yummy.I added plain Yoghurt and banana Cream to make sure it shdn't taste sour.U can add condensed milk or coconutmilk or milk powder instead of Cream or yoghurt and try payasam otherwise.Try this at home and drop ur comments.

Yoghurt Payasam - Payasam done with plain Yoghurt


Ingredients:
50 gms any good Payasam Readymix or Adai pradhaman mix
a pinch of kesari powder
200 ml water
50 gm Banana flavored Cream
150 ml plain Yoghurt - (not  yoghurt or Curd )
2 tbsp sugar
few tutti fruiti

Directions:

1.Heat water in a sauce pan .When it begins to boil,add the Payasam ready mix and stir-cook till  done.Add a pinch of kesari powder and mix well.Turn off the flame.
2.Add banana flavored cream and mix it well.
3.Add Plain Yoghurt and sugar and Mix well.
4.Refrigerate for 15- 20 mins.Serve it chilled with tutti-fruiti on top.


I'm submitting this recipe post to Any One Can Cook Event - Series 33 for beginners conducted by the Taste Of Pearl City.



8 comments:

Saru Singhal said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will try it sometime...:)

MyKitchen Flavors-BonAppetit!. said...

Thanks a lot Saru!.

Rajesh said...

Interesting.

MyKitchen Flavors-BonAppetit!. said...

Thanks Rajesh.Its truly delicious.

Hariharan Valady said...

Payasam with yoghurt! I did not know at all!

MyKitchen Flavors-BonAppetit!. said...

Hariharan Sir,I didn't know either.But it really tasted good - I luv varieties.(Ithuku room pottu Yosikallai -Promise).

Umm Mymoonah said...

Never thought payasam can be made with yogurt, your recipes are very innovative. Thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook :)

MyKitchen Flavors-BonAppetit!. said...

Thanks for dropping in Ayeesha.I'm overwhelmed.Infact I try short-cuts and lazy cooking many times to make recipes simple,easy to do and enjoyable.