Help Me

My Blog Buddies Widget, with 205 Blog Followers, has been retired for unknown reason from the 1st of March. I do want to keep up with Ur Blogs and for an easy Followup, pls add Ur Blog or Sign In in the Followers GFC. Thanks a lot!.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Fiery-Grilled Chicken - Sets You On Fire

I'm Glad to share with U that  this post has won the Second Runnerup prize in the Indiblogger-KFC Fiery Grilled Contest. Thanks to all those who have voted for the post on Indiblogger.in and sent in ur supportive comments. Please check this IndiBlogger.in Link  for this winning entry. Thank U so much Indiblogger.in and KFC for gifting me a  Grand KFC Feast!

This recipe states a simple homemade KFC Style or taste Grilled Chicken recipe.Its a lot easier to do and tastes divinely good. Its not the original recipe but an easier attempt that can be done at home. Takes 25 mins cooking time and serves 4-6 nos. Serve it hot with Steamed Rice and Indian Main Dishes or Indian Breads or Bread slices. Enjoy Easy and Healthy recipes at home. Enjoy Ur Meal!. BonAppetit!.

Home-made KFC style Grilled Chicken
Ingredients:
1/2 kg Chicken Drumsticks
1 tsp white or black pepper powder
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp AllPurpose powder or corn starch
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp salt + 1/4 tsp turmeric powder + 1/2 tsp lemon juice - for cleaning the pieces
2 tsp olive oil

Directions:
1.Rub salt,lemon juice and turmeric powder mix on chicken pieces and leave it for 5 mins and clean it well.
2.Make a paste of soy sauce,white pepper powder,oregano,salt and cornstarch or all purpose flour. Make the marinade spread evenly and marinate for an hour in the fridge.
3.Preheat the Oven in Grill mode to 190 C.Apply Olive oil over the pieces.Grill it for 25-30 mins  in the Grill
rack. (Timings vary depending on the size of the drumsticks and the quantity).Leave it for 15 mins.
4.Take it  out and serve it hot with Steamed Rice and Indian Main Dishes or Indian Breads or Bread slices.

I'm here to narrate the incident behind this recipe post as it happened truly last week and to prove you that sharp mind and tongue together can save you from being unwantedly fiery-grilled in a Sticky situation.

January 4th 2012 was not my Day at all. Nothing was going according to my plan and schedule. My 'H'  had to donate blood in an hour and we had to rush to well-known Hospital in Chennai in few mins time to donate blood. Nodoubt that his close friend opted for his blood to be donated (as he is a teetotaler) for his immediate relation's major surgery last week and fewdays back he went to do a blood test for the same and we were rushing for the said appointment that Day.

All I told was that I wanted to taste Fiery-Grilled KFC Chicken that Day on our way back home. The moment I said that, my 'H' started listing-out many things and asked me to try a KFC Style Grilled Chicken at home instead. I never knew that I will be grilled for asking the KFC Grilled Chicken. I could not able to take that 'no' for an answer but opted to stay quiet as the points he listed stood against me agreeably.

 Not surprisingly, he did complain bitterly that I lost my creativity in writing as well as cooking and was becoming a 'dumbo'. If someone else had said that, I would have taken control of the plucky situation but kept a tight-lip keeping in mind that we were running short of time already. Needless to say that I could speak nothing since it would keep alive tasteless and unpleasant arguments but also its true that I have already spent too much for each blog-post as a food-blogger. I told him quietly that I won't be asking him if Chennai got listed for the KFC Free Gift Voucher and to leave it and get-ready for the Hospital Appointment.

My mind did not work properly and after that I packed juice,glucose and other things and rushed to my M-I-L's Car, which he chose to drive. Nothing happened the next 25 mins and we were nearing the Hospital. To save time, I told  him a shortcut and were fast approaching . In few kilometres stretch,to my embrassment, we saw a traffic police checking the documents and asking us to stop for verification. My hand was reaching for the RC Papers in the dashboard and couldn't find it. My 'H' was readily holding his International Driving Licence for verification and gave me a stern look (which I don't want to describe now) - thought this must be the next time of my being grilled, as he had already stuck a 'Dumbo' sticker on my head.

The Officer walked slowly towards the Car and took the Driving License and instantly I held the folded-hospital documents and started speaking to him in a strong voice saying 'How many times U ask us to stop for documents verification in this route.We are rushing towards .... Hospital for an emergency Blood Donation. 10 mins back only we were stopped to verify papers and You are doing it again.This is an absurd waste of time Officer'. Surprisingly the Officer gave us a sharp look and handed over the D.License and signalled us to move on.We thanked him and drove towards the Hospital.

I could see a beaming smile on my 'H' face (was missing the whole Day previously) and told me "Kutty (Baby), U are not a Dumbo as I thought. Ur mind works good quite often. Ha..Ha!. How many times U tell instant lie like this?". My sharp tongue was not quiet this time too and replied  "Sometimes I do Dear". Thereafter, we happily went to the Hospital and he donated Blood. After 4-5 hours time, I surprisingly found my 'H' stopping the car near a KFC Outlet to bring me the 'Fiery-Grilled Chicken' and he had  'Choco-Amor' and I tried this Simple-homemade KFC Style Grilled Chicken for him the next Day.

Get-over the fear of what other people will say or think about You and use your tongue to head-start and shine. Surely, Sharp and healthy tongue can see you easily sail thru Sticky situations and save you from unwanted-grilling in life. This is the story behind this recipe post and I got a green signal to narrate the incident for an Official entry for KFC Fiery-Grilled Chicken - Sets You On Fire' Contest hosted by KFC,Croma and Indiblogger.in . Thank You!.

28 comments:

Saru Singhal said...

Great way of putting your thoughts...All the best!

Priya Suresh said...

Wow super tempting succulent grilled chicken..

Spicy-Aroma said...

grilled chicken looks so tempting and inviting..very nice recipe..

Suja Manoj said...

Delicious fried chicken,looks so delicious..flavorful marinade..

Sangeetha M said...

wow...super inviting juicy grilled chicken...very nice recipe..
well written post too..

Spicy Treats
OnGoing Event ~ Dish It Out-Brinjal n Garlic

divya said...

Wow thats a super delicious and wonderful looking chicken..

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Awesome looking grilled chicken. Very interesting experience dear.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Mélange said...

Loved reading you.Cheers !
The recipe sounds interesting dear.Would give a try.

Mélange said...

Loved reading you.Cheers !
The recipe sounds interesting dear.Would give a try.

Unknown said...

the name made me jump...I want this now!

Nisa Homey said...

OMG! tempting grilled chicken..KFC style...YUM!

Aarthi said...

This look Delicious…You have made it awesome..Totally YUMMO..

Aarthi
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

Faseela said...

lovely recipe....great that u could twist ur thought and escape...great job..

Neha said...

Wonderful recipe...Bookmarking...

Seema said...

Awesome.

Amina Creations said...

enjoyed reading your post... fabulous... and the grill chicken also looks delicious...

ra said...

i hope KFC is reading this and lets hope they got their recipe patented ..lol :P

all the best for the contest ma'm...

ra said...

subscribed to your blogs ma'm...

SHANOJ K said...

looks delicious... :)
- Shanoj

Christy Gerald said...

Thank U so Much @ Saru, Sangee Vijay, Deepa, Faseela, Melange, Amina Seema, Rahul and Shanoj - for ur Sweet Commments on the post.
Thank U so much @ Priya, Poonam, Divya, Suja, Neha,Nisa,Aarthi, Smitha and all - for Ur delicious comments on the recipe post.

bemoneyaware said...

The recipe and the post rocks. I just don't understand why husband's think their wife is Dumbo. When my friend's husband told her she is dumbo she immediately said "Yes, otherwise I would not have married you :-)"

Christy Gerald said...

@ Bemoneyaware - Thanks a lot Dear for ur delicious appreciation.
Lol @ ur friend's reply . I would luv to say that but I'm afraid I can't since it starts with a Big 'Yes'.

Jaleela Kamal said...

nice recipe, very tempting
i am also preparing often this kfc at home

Christy Gerald said...

Thanks a lot Jaleela!.

simran said...

awesome!you totally deserved to win!this recipe is great!......as far as husbands go...honey..you need to keep reminding him ,ever so gently,that you're the best!

Christy Gerald said...

@Simran - Thank U so Much and happy to hear from U Dear.

simran said...

i tried it out.it was AWESOME..thanks so much christy!

Christy Gerald said...

Thank U Simran. Sure,it must be. Happy to hear frm U again Dear.